Welcome To Savi Savi Nenapu

Naveen Chinthakaaya

Friday, March 20, 2020

Re-Home, Short Film, Review And Interview


Our current reality being pushed just a little further is what makes this a great little horror film. What would you be willing to do to survive when you are on the edge?

I saw Re-Home at the 2019 FilmQuest film festival (website). It was nominated for Best Horror Short and Best Actress (Gigi Saul Guerrero). Izzy Lee was also nominated for the Minerva Award.

I recommend Re-Home to those who like dystopian future stories and the struggles of the everyday people to make it in such times.

Synopsis: In the near future, the U.S.-Mexico border wall has been completed and the high cost of living has skyrocketed. As a result, loved ones are re-homed like pets.

Izzy Lee was willing to answer a few questions to give her inspiration for her film, what she has coming up, and some personal points of inspiration and relaxation.

What was the inspiration for Re-Home?

The whole mess with immigration, ICE, and the US/Mexico border wall is extremely upsetting. We need empathy in times like this, which is why I needed to create Re-Home. We're traumatizing a generation of children and it's not okay.

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

I write short fiction and you can find my work in horror anthologies like Tales From the Crust(pizza horror) and Lost Films (about the perils of filmmaking). I also have a really weird short film called The Obliteration of the Chickenson the circuit right now, which played The Overlook and FrightFest film festivals, among others. I've got a few features I'm writing, and I'm now the VP of Programming & Outreach for a forthcoming mobile app called Ficto, which will launch in November. I'm looking for great horror and true crime series and possibly long shorts we can segment into series. You can find out more about me at www.nihilnoctem.com.


What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

I always loved the Hammer horror films, the Edgar Allan Poe/Roger Corman-Vincent Price-AIP films, and I loved acting and writing. Not long out of college, I became a programmer and film journalist. From there, I decided to try my hand making shorts, and got addicted.

What would be your dream project?

Working with any of the following in any capacity: Guillermo del Toro, David Lynch, Tom Atkins, John Carpenter. I'd also love to be able to help make other films for other filmmakers (development/producing) if I had the money.

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

Writing fiction, hiking, sleeping, and hanging out with fellow filmmakers at film festivals.

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

That's a hard question, but I'll go with John Carpenter's The Thing, which I consider to be a near-perfect film. The terror, dread, isolation, and nihilism are all on-point, as are the acting and special effects. It's a joy to watch; I find it mesmerizing and put it on at least once a year.
You can watch a trailer of Re-Home on Vimeo (link).

You can find out more about the film on IMDb (link).

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).



No comments:

Post a Comment